Does anybody know

SteveiJobzz

• Members

What pickups are in an Epiphone Sheraton II?

I LOVE the bridge pickup in my Sheraton. It's crystal clear, yet present and not overly treble-y. It also has a really full sound.

The problem is that I want to put that exact same pickup in my Les Paul, whose pickups I'm not happy with. But when I took out the Sheraton pickup, it is completely unmarked (which lead me to believe that it is still the stock pickups, and that the sticker just fell off over time, seeing as the guitar is 15 years old)

I've read that the pickup could be a 57CH, but I'm not exactly sure.

Any help would be cool. Thanks.

• Members

Don't know. The first Sheraton I had I bought new and maybe kept the original pups for about a month before I installed new electronics and a set of Gibson 57 and 57+. The result was a whole 'nother world in sound. Very, very nice.

I got my last Sherry used and that came with a set of 490s that I couldn't get rid of fast enough. Dang that sounded like crap! Tried various SD, Phat Cats, even Mean 90s. Finally got a set of BGs Pure 90. In my opinion, the Pure 90 is absolutely the best pup you can install on a Sherry. It matches the guitar's character perfectly, with all the versatility you could want.

• Members

What pickups are in an Epiphone Sheraton II?

I LOVE the bridge pickup in my Sheraton. It's crystal clear, yet present and not overly treble-y. It also has a really full sound.

The problem is that I want to put that exact same pickup in my Les Paul, whose pickups I'm not happy with. But when I took out the Sheraton pickup, it is completely unmarked (which lead me to believe that it is still the stock pickups, and that the sticker just fell off over time, seeing as the guitar is 15 years old)

I've read that the pickup could be a 57CH, but I'm not exactly sure.

Any help would be cool. Thanks.

I'm pretty sure there is a small sticker on the backside of the pickup that identifies it. At least there was on the Epi LP I had when I did a pickup swap. You could try pulling it out a little ways to verify.

Archived