59's, Lover's, PG and some guitars to put 'em in.

jbear555

• Members

Okay, here's the scenario,

Three guitars

-Ibanez AS 80: It is a very well made vintage guitar but it has Super 50's instead of 58's and they are okay, but nothing special.

-Ibanez AS 103 (Artcore Custom) maybe the nicest semi I've ever played. Neck is killer. I like the Custom 58,s but I love Duncans. I orginally got the covered 59's with this one in mind.

-Ibanez AK 100 archtop hollowbody (another Art Custom...after playing the 103 for a while I went looking for this one). Same neck as the 103.

Three sets of PUPs

-a pair of covered 59's

-a pair of covered Seth Lovers (got them cuz they were too cheap to say no)

-a pair consisting of an uncovered 59n and Pearly Gates b (pulled out of a Double Fat Strat when I put double-screw 59's in).

Which would you put where? Would you mix up the covered set?

• Members

i'd go:

as-80 pg&59

103 seth lover

100 59's

That is my guess with out ever playing the guitars or pickups, except the pg & 59 combo

If the pearly gates is out of a fender strat it is probably a pearly gates plus which is kind of bright, so if any of those guitars is dark sounding then that will balance it out.

good luck with the soldering:thu:

• Members

Thanks for the input. Someone else suggested the 59's in the 103 and the Seth's in the 100 to keep the vintage vibe of the archtop. What are your thoughts along those lines?

Do you think putting the PGb in the neck of the 80 and the 59n in the bridge might be cool?

Thanks again!

• Members

i'd go:

as-80 pg&59

103 seth lover

100 59's

That is my guess with out ever playing the guitars or pickups, except the pg & 59 combo

If the pearly gates is out of a fender strat it is probably a pearly gates plus which is kind of bright, so if any of those guitars is dark sounding then that will balance it out.

good luck with the soldering:thu:

yep, that's what I'd do too.

Archived