SOT Buying new or used Cab?

nuke_diver

• Members

I've been on a hunt for a cab for my Mesa (running it through the crate right now).

I'm not sure what is a good price for a cab used. I've been looking on Ebay and CL for a while but nothing I thought was a good deal but maybe I misinterpret what cabs go for. Here's how I see it

I can get a White box 1x12 (V30) for ~$260 shipped new (opening month 10% off)

I can get an Avatar 1x12 (V30) for about $300 shipped new

I see Mesa 1x12 cabs (open back) going for about $250+ on ebay...is that a good deal?

I've (very) occasionally seen used Avatar and Lopoline cabs go for about $200 (usually with a Texas Heat in them) on Ebay

It seems to be that for $50-60 the Whitebox or even the Avatar might be the better deals since you are getting new and since the ebay ones you cannot be sure they are as good condition as you think. But maybe cabs hold their values better than I think.

• Members

Is a Mesa worth say 70% of the retail price if it is a good used one? Or is that a bit much? I've been using the ~50% used criteria and at least on Ebay it seems much more than that. I'd rather buy used locally so I can see what I'm getting used first but that seems rather difficult for what I'm looking for.

• Members

Left Coast GCDEF...

I'm eyeing a Mesa on Ebay...we'll see if it works out and there is an Avatar with a greenback as well that is on the radar. Should the prices of those get out of control (which seems to happen a lot) I think I go with Whitebox since they have a discount and the folks that got them seem to like them. As I said I can get a brand new one with a 2 year warrenty (I think) for about $250 shipped if I order before Nov 1. I've exchanged email with Doug from WB and he's been very responsive and helpful

Archived