refret

JohnLucente

• Members

hey guys, i have a epiphone lespaul style red burst guitar, it is my pride and joy.

the frets tho are starting to wear, the tops of them are getting flat from all the bending in certain parts and im pretty sure they're not level cause i get fret buzz in a few spots..

soo i was wondering, how much would a refret cost? at a place like long and mcquade?

• Members

You probably just need the frets dressed ,crowned ,and leveled,not an actual refret .

+1 should be good for a couple before a refret,

If you do go with a refret get stainless steel and never worry about it again.

It's worth the extra cost on a git you really like.

• Members

damn... i was thinking a refret would be around 100... i was hoping a redressing would be around 50-60....

{censored} iunno if its worth it, a setup would be nice tho, i think the intonation is {censored}ed, plus i wanted to try higher gage strings

Just a setup at a shop will run around $40 ,which is why it pays to learn this stuff yourself,its not that hard..

A dressing ,leveling and crowning with make the guitar play probably better than it did new...and it will be good for at least the same amount of playing time....well worth it .

All guitars need it eventually.

complete refrets are labour intensive and therefore expensive.

• Members

i just refretted my old strat and it turned out alright, (first time)

but this is my epiphone les paul, my baby, i couldn't do it myself.

when you say 'setup'for ~40$, wat does that mean? like could i ask for higher gage strings and maybe get them to lower the action a bit too for 40$? or is that usually extra?

Archived