Tell me about this guitar...

BA.Barcolounger

• Members

I had some time to kill the other day, so I went over the Guitar Center near my next meeting. Poking around, I found one of these. It was on clearance - $450.

DV016_Jpg_Large_580200.014_tobacco_sunbu

I picked it up and played it for a while. I'll be damned if it wasn't a nice playing and sounding instrument. Normally I shy away from LTD guitars as I have played some clunkers in the past.

Did I just stumble on a good one, or has ESP/LTD gotten better recently?

• Members

I picked it up and played it for a while. I'll be damned if it wasn't a nice playing and sounding instrument. Normally I shy away from LTD guitars as I have played some clunkers in the past.

Did I just stumble on a good one, or has ESP/LTD gotten better recently?

Well, if you had found 'clunkers' in the past that were 400 series and up I'd be quite surprised - the 400 series and higher were always Made in Korea and QC was tight, producing consistent impressive product. Now the 401 is made in Indonesia and has been for quite some time so I am sure that they have their QC pretty tight by now. Some of the lower model numbers I can't say much about but I have played a few that were impressive for the money.

So...I wouldn't say that they have gotten better...maybe you were just ready to notice.

Archived