Shipping to Australia

nomadh

• Members

Hello. I'm taking a flight to Australia just before Christmas for a cruise. I have heard people who wanted to get guitars from the U.S. but shipping was too expensive. I don't know if this could pencil out but perhaps if someone needed me to carry a guitar over for them I could include it in my baggage or maybe the extra baggage fee would still be cheap shipping. I don't know if this would work out or how to do it. If any one has something from rondo or somewhere they want let me know and we'll see if we can work it out.

• Members

Australia has a 42 inch limit on shipping box length so it's difficult to ship guitars there. I think that USPS global express has a 48 inch limit but is triple the cost of USPS Priority Mail. The size limit has been put in by Australia Post if I'm not mistaken.

• Members

Australia has a 42 inch limit on shipping box length so it's difficult to ship guitars there. I think that USPS global express has a 48 inch limit but is triple the cost of USPS Priority Mail. The size limit has been put in by Australia Post if I'm not mistaken.

yup. Shipping is actually cheap to Australia, I shipped a dual showman head there for around $120, USPS where UPS wanted over $400!

I didnt know about the size limit and my box was just over but I sweet talked the postal girl and she let it slide. :thu:

• 5 months later...

Archived