Looking for Amp

FFStratophile

• Members

Came across a very nice amp in a shop yesterday. A 40 watt Fender combo, really liked it. I believe it had "Deluxe" and "III" somewhere on tit, but I didn't really bothered remembering the name because I was damn sure it's not hard to find it online later. Wrong. It also a "Pre-Amp Out" and another jack. It's not a Hot-Rod that's for sure.

Anyone knows the amp? It's not on the Fender site.

• Members

Tube or solid-state?If tube,it could be the current Deluxe VM 1-12 combo,which features clean/overdrive channels and a built in digital effects section.If older,it could be one of the early '80s Rivera designed Fender amps,which offered both PTP wired tube and solid-state circuit models.

Ed

• Members

Top front, full valve and it sure wasn't the Hot Rod. It wasn't the Deluxe VM either, that one was standing right next to the one I'm looking for, they were similar size and shape, except for the controls. I was pretty sure it was a Fender Deluxe III, only to find out that one doesn't exist. The sales guy asked me whether I want a 40watt with effects or not, and he pointed out the two amps: The VM and the mystery one. They really looked alike, just the controls were different, and the mystery amp didn't have the VM tag. More traits: It had two channels (or three, not sure). One volume for the clean and a Volume and Master Volume for the Drive. Also had spring reverb.

Archived