NGD-Custom electric four string cigar box guitar(pic heavy)

Hua and a tele

• Members

Posted this in the effects forum, but thought the guys in here may dig it

My girlfriend had this built for me for my birthday by M.J. Sullivan guitarshttp://www.facebook.com/pages/M-J-Su...rs/96868027883. There's more better quality pictures of the build on his site. The humbucker was custom wound by Ted Crocker. It's built more as a semi hollow body and it screams. It's thick and heavy perfect for playing slide. The neck is flame maple, the headstock veneer, volume knob, and pickup ring are made from burl walnut. It's a gibson scale length. I do believe this has totally changed my playing style/musical style...

photo5.jpg

photo6.jpg

photo7.jpg

photo8.jpg

photo9.jpg

photo10.jpg

photo11.jpg

photo12.jpg

• Members

Those things are on my want list. Some cool sounds can be had out of them.

That one is one of the nicer ones I ever seen .

Matt Sullivan from Boston who built it makes mainly real high end acoustics so he came at it from that school of thought. You can tell as it is acoustically very loud. Last time I was at his place going over stuff for my box he was in the process of building what looks like is gonna end up to be a killer archtop.

Here's a pic of the semi hollow box guitar he made for a local guy named Jim Chilson of the Ten Foot Polecats. Who also happen to be one of the best bands in Boston in my humble opinion

74870_469601487883_96868027883_5481904_5

Archived