any one has info on Vantage guitars?

spellsout

• Members

i was surfing ebay for a guitar wtih a floyd rose and i came up with this one

cgi.ebay.com/Vantage-718dt-floyd-rose-coil-split-rare-metal-guitar-/280704748104?pt=Guitar&hash=item415b4e8a48

are they good guitars? does anybody have one?

• Members

My son brought a buddy's Vantage dreadnought home a while back for some bridge work and a setup. I was a bit skeptical at first as it appeared to be a really thick plywood and very overbuilt. Sounded surprisingly great once it was fixed up. MIK I believe. I wouldn't pay a lot for one, but the one I fixed up was solid and good sounding for a cheapo.

• Members

I have this Les Paul copy, its a sandwich body and has a laminate top thats hollow underneath. The neck is killer. It has a Tone Zone and a vintage Dimarzio PAF. IT's actually one of my best sounding and playing guitars. The quality of these varies quite a bit though. I have seen some real dogs.

PIC-0080.jpg' alt='>'>

• Members

My son brought a buddy's Vantage dreadnought home a while back for some bridge work and a setup. I was a bit skeptical at first as it appeared to be a really thick plywood and very overbuilt. Sounded surprisingly great once it was fixed up. MIK I believe. I wouldn't pay a lot for one, but the one I fixed up was solid and good sounding for a cheapo.

Not sure but I thik Matsumoku is Japan.

• Members

There are two types of Vantage guitars.

One set was made in Japan by Matsumoku. They look like 80s guitars. The last batch was probably made in 1984, but certainly NLT 1987 when Matsumoku stopped making guitars.

The second set of Vantage guitars was made in Korea. I can't say they suck, but they are mid-range at best. They look flashy, but I've never actually played on one so I can't say for sure.

But they don't resale for as much as the early 80s Vantages.

The neckplate is the best way to tell the difference, if you can see a picture of it. The original matsumoku-made ones have a big swirling V.

This one is clearly MIK. I wouldn't spend more than $100 total on it, but it may end up being better than that.

• Members

Hmm sounds good Il be posting up a bid. I was doing a bit of research my self this model seems like this model goes upward or around 400 bucks.

Good luck. I haven't played on any of the MIK Vantages...if they are that good, there are a number on Craigslist I would probably want to pick up, so be sure to give us a solid guitar review if you get it.

Archived