Stiffer Tremolo Springs?

BigED

• Members

I have an Ibanez RG3120 with a Lo Pro floating tremolo. It has the standard 5 spots for tremolo springs, but I use a Tremol-no, so I lose a spot and I can only have 4. I downtune my guitar, and overall, I feel the bridge is a little too loose. I've tried several string gauges and adjustments to the tremolo spring screws, but I really think that a tighter bridge is what I'm looking for, because if I lock down the bridge using the tremol-no, (stops the bridge from floating) the guitar feels better to me for the fast metal rhythm stuff.

I'm guessing that the springs loosen up with time, so I was thinking on changing them out with new ones. I was wondering if anyone sells thicker or tighter springs, or if people just replace their regular springs when they start to feel loose.

• Members

Awesome, thanks. It comes in a 3 pack. Will 3 be enough? Or should I buy 2 packs? How many are you using?

i bought two packs just to have an extra. there's no way you need more than three. the only reason i'm using 3 is because the tremol-no keeps the top spring straight, and i didn't want to have one straight spring and one diagonal spring.

Archived