So I made the mistake of going to the music store today......

dcooper830

• Members

Went to my local Fender Dealer today.

I played:

SSS Candy Apple Red American Special Strat maple neck

SSS Vintage Burst American Special Strat maple neck

Vintage Burst American Special Tele maple neck

Fender 60th Anniversary Tele

MIM Lake Placid Blue SSS Strat maple neck

Vintage Burst Highway One Tele maple neck

They were all outstanding!!! All set up perfectly with low action, straight neck, and easy playing..... except for the Highway One Tele. It had kinda high action and needed a setup.

I'm really really impressed with the American Specials. They just look, play, and sound so amazing to me.

The 60th Anniversary Tele was just to die for. Crystal clear Tele tone that fattened up easily with a slight roll back of the tone knob. Gorgeous grain and color. Played almost effortlessly.

The Lake Placid Blue MIM Strat was sure gorgeous!! But it didn't play or sound quite as good as the American Specials. It was very good... but fret ends were a tad sharp and the tone was a little distant and weak compared to the American Specials which had a clear solid midrange and beautiful sparkly glassy highs.

It was still a great guitar though. They were gonna make me a really good deal on it.

But those American Special Strats are driving me insane. I want both of them!!

That 60th Anniversary Tele is also driving me insane.

It's almost un-bearable how much I want them all... but fortunately..... there's just no way.

I don't even have the $$$ for the MIM Strat.

But it sure is fun to think about walking in there and just buying every one of those guitars.

I love my Les Pauls..... but I've been on a Fender kick lately LOL!

Archived