I just upgraded my Vox Pathfinder 15R (w/ sample MP3)

honeyiscool

• Members

Yeah, I understand about not wanting to go to a 10. I tend to play clean and tend to not play very loud when playing a small amp like this, but I really like some semblance of a bottom end, even when I play quietly.

I've thought about getting a 15R, throwing a 10 in it and doing the LED mod, just to see how I like it though I'm fairly happy with my Vibro Champ XD with a 10" Weber installed for those purposes.

What I really need to do is get a decent, cheap EQ pedal.

Fish&chips works great with my SCXD. I got it in a trade for some stuff and it strays with that amp now. Not the sturdiest but for home use it has lasted me awhile. It has a boost/cut of

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I just upgraded mine thanks to your post and one over at the TDPRI

http://www.tdpri.com/forum/amp-central-station/305317-vox-patherfinder-15r-reverb-tank-upgrade.html.

Incredible how big the difference is. I used a larger tank because I built a larger cab for the amp. Based on the tank you chose and a thread on the Fender Forum

http://www.fenderforum.com/forum.html?db=&topic_number=719680 I went with the MOD 4EB2C1B Reverb Tank. The tank and a 6 foot cable were $29 shipped from www.amplifiedparts.com.

The TDPRI thread mentioned that the connectors for the input and output that attach to the pcb were the same as cordless phone batteries.I found these connectors:

Plugged the new harness into the board, then the rca cable into the harness and new reverb pan and was good to go

For a little over $40 it's a great mod. Of course now I've got a $300 Pathfinder...

• Members

Oh dude, thanks for that. Now I can make myself proper cables with those connectors!

I've really thought about buying a custom made Accutronics tank for my Pathfinder head so that it can be mounted vertically, your post will help me do it in a much more professional manner, since as a limited edition (1 of 750), I'm a little more wary of guerrilla rigging the reverb tank on the head.

Archived