Need to re-do studio electric

coyote-1

• Members

Havent used the keyboards for awhile so there's been no hum or buzz. But the past few weeks they've come back into focus, which shows up the gremlins. It's really not bad, but the past many months have yielded a beautifully quiet studio and I like it.

So I need to re-install the electric. Keyboard corner is on a different phase than everything else. Sometime in the near future, therefore, I will put a new breaker in the panel and dedicate two 20a circuits, both on the same phase, to my studio. It'll anchor the ground of everything to one point, which will kill the ground loops.

• Members

I could, but I'd rather have the extra power available and have the two circuits dedicated completely to the studio. Not a question of expense as the breaker, wire and outlets will be less than $100. And since it's in the basement, I can tie the earth ground of both circuits together and ground it on the concrete wall long before it gets back to the panel.

Or perhaps I'll replace the existing breaker with a 30amp, and do it all on the one line.

We'll see.

Archived