This is getting pathological (Peavey amps).

honeyiscool

• Members

I picked up a red-stripe TransTube Envoy 110 (either the previous or the next generation from the silver-stripe series) not long ago, thinking it'd be a good, compact backup amp to take to gigs just in case. (We mic guitar amps so its lower volume wouldn't be a problem.) I really like it -- was considering swapping the speaker to an Eminence but it's not a high priority. Lots of bang for the buck, and surprisingly loud. So now I have a bit of a pathological Peavey thing too: the solid-state Envoy complements my Classic 20 and Classic 30 very well. I'm soon to start thinning my herd of amps, and my '63 Fender 6G2 Princeton and '86 Marshall Studio 15 are not likely to make the cut -- but I think I'll keep all three Peaveys.

Depending on how well it sounds, I might think about putting a better speaker in mine. I put an Eminence Man O' War in the Bandit 65 and it is beautiful.

And come to think of it, I had a Peavey Delta Blues 210 before all this SS stuff started, so definitely Peavey is a good thing in my book.

• Members

After several months of owning it, I realized I've never put the volume above 2, which means it was the wrong amp for me. I basically gifted it to my friend since I was moving cross country.

Do I miss it? Yeah. I could get much better use out of it nowadays, since I actually play at band volume now. But I feel like I get good tone these days, and I wasn't a particular fan of the everlasting hum on the Delta Blues thanks to no master volume thing. I really liked having tremolo on the amp, though.

Besides, one of those things new costs as much as what I paid for three of my amps, and it's not easy to find a Delta Blues 210 used.

Archived