House of Floyd: Anyone seen these guys perform?

calclown

• Members

They're playing in SF this saturday and I love Pink Floyd. I'm only 27 so I never got to see a floyd show. (I could've gone to the wall, but $90 for no gilmour seemed a lot at the time).

They're doing one show of Dark Side and one of Wish You Were here. Good show? Which would you recommend?

[video=youtube;Ok3IIFzSFG8]

• Members

event description said they even use some of the original footage shown at the shows. I'm going to try to check it out if I can. I'll report back.

I'm biased as I know them, but they're quite good. They're more about replicating live Floyd, rather than just copying albums as the Aussie's and other Floyd tributes do. And they play a good bit of the more obscure material as well. Definitely worth checking out.

BTW- The shows are Friday (Mar 2), not Saturday.

• Members

well, i went.

Overall it was an okay show. I can't knock the musicians, they were all great, but it didn't do much for me. The venue wasn't the best for them probably and my seat was pretty bad to be fair, but overall it was very sterile and not all that enjoyable. The singing definitely left me wanting. So, not a big recommendation from me, but I'm glad I went.

Archived