First Time Playing Publicly (Bad Guitarist Lols for One and All)

Warfish

• Members

So, I'm one of those guys who never had the time (or motivation) to really learn how to play the guitars he owned. Always other things came first. Got into music late, played in school band (lol Clarinet and Standup Bass a few years each). And honestly, I lack the patience and stick-to-it-iveness to put in the hard work. Too easily frustrated, to easy to put it down in dissapointment that it doesn;t come naturally for me as it does for others.

With that said, I absolutely love music and guitars, own a few, and play (like many), alone in my house, for the enjoyment, I lack talent, but thats ok as long as no one hears it, right?

I'm also horribly stage-fright-ridden, which limits my playing out, so I don't get much experience playing with others. As it so happens, I ran into a bunch of kids playing as something of a pick-up music clab at the local C.C., a cool idea/concept IMO, and decided "why not, they're kids, I'm old, shouldn't be so bad" and joined them for a bit. Lots like me, of what you'd call lower-talent muscians, but fun as hell.

What I didn't know was they were taping some of it to put on youtube. Ha, fun times.

So, since I'm still working on getting over sharing such things (and doing it to start with, ain't anxiety a bitch), I'd figure I'd share, give folks a few lols over the World Worst Guitarist (me), and the like.

Not that it's much of a defense, but I hadn't played in some time before this night, and was usuing a guitar quite unlike my oiwn stable of instruments (I play SG'alikes mostly, this was a thre pickup widdly-widdly Ibanez w/ Trem I was quite unfamiliar with).

So, without further ado, me, making a fool of myself. Enjoy.

[video=youtube;nkZEbRqvfBA]

75z5Z7r4qZg=

Archived