I know I'm a little late to the party...

Burgess

• Members

Hey that sounded really cool man! Just curious on what you were using to play it? Could be way off, but it sounded like a single coil guitar with a bit of fuzz!

You're not far off. It's actually two guitars, a highly modified Jackson SL-1 and stock Gibson LP Classic. The Jackson has a Lil' 59 in the neck position and I was using the parallel setting for this cut. Not single coil but it does sound very much like that without the hum. Series/Parallel is one of my favorite mods for bucker guitars and many of mine have this feature.

The whammy bit right at the beginning was that SL1

the mellow bit before the melody was the LP

the melody was all SL1

the solo after the drum fill was the LP

The amp was an Eleven Rack going straight into the DAW (Akai DPS24). I used one of their custom models for the Jackson called Vintage/Modern. This patch has some great crunch but it also cleans up nicely when you back down the guitar's volume as was the case here.

The LP went through their Soldano "crunch" patch. The mellow bit at the beginning and the solo at the end were the same patch. I just dialed the guitar's volume way back for the mellow bit and dimed it for the solo.

• Members

You're not far off. It's actually two guitars, a highly modified Jackson SL-1 and stock Gibson LP Classic. The Jackson has a Lil' 59 in the neck position and I was using the parallel setting for this cut. Not single coil but it does sound very much like that without the hum. Series/Parallel is one of my favorite mods for bucker guitars and many of mine have this feature.

The whammy bit right at the beginning was that SL1

the mellow bit before the melody was the LP

the melody was all SL1

the solo after the drum fill was the LP

The amp was an Eleven Rack going straight into the DAW (Akai DPS24). I used one of their custom models for the Jackson called Vintage/Modern. This patch has some great crunch but it also cleans up nicely when you back down the guitar's volume as was the case here.

The LP went through their Soldano "crunch" patch. The mellow bit at the beginning and the solo at the end were the same patch. I just dialed the guitar's volume way back for the mellow bit and dimed it for the solo.

Right on! I really like what you did adding some tastefull guitar to a song that isnt guitar heavy in the first place and making it your own thing.

Archived