Prs Modern Eagle Neck Is 1 piece or 2 piece?

Jcm800_6550

• Members

Prs Modern Eagle Neck Is 1 piece or 2 piece?

Ive been reading some confusing things, so hopefully this will end it all. thanks:facepalm:

is it all one piece of wood with fret-board, or is the fret-board a separate piece that has been bound to the neck?

• Members

From "The PRS Guitar Book", Dave Burrluck, 3rd Edition, 2007: "Modern Eagle 2004-Current, One-piece Brazilian rosewood wide-fat set-neck, Brazilian rosewood fingerboard, ripple abalone bird inlays...". Sounds like the fingerboard is a seperate piece, which makes sense since that's the way the other PRS necks are made. The Modern Eagle is the top of the "production" line, remember, not a custom or Private Stock instrument.

• Members

pretty sure its 1 piece... an old bandmate had a mccarty with a Brazilian rosewood neck and that was all 1 piece. I would assume a more expensive model would also have a 1 piece.

but technically, they ad the "wings" on the headstock as separate pieces

• Members

pretty sure its 1 piece... an old bandmate had a mccarty with a Brazilian rosewood neck and that was all 1 piece. I would assume a more expensive model would also have a 1 piece.

Interesting. My PRS book doesn't mention "1 piece" anywhere in the discussion of the ME neck. How was the truss rod installed in your buddy's McCarty? Skunk stripe?

• Members

in the literal sense, it's two pieces; one piece is the neck, and the other is the fretboard. it's referred to as a one-piece neck because the neck itself is one piece of wood; not multi-ply. i hope this helps.

ME II

wPRSMEII-017.jpg

ME Quatro

w10PRS_MEQuatroBlue-018.jpg

• Members

thank you, PRSJim! i can physically only play one at a time, but i do get to play all of them and that's more the point.

Just Curious, are you a pro? I always wondered how I could spend more on guitars than a house. You must have a good reason or just be really well off (which would be reason enough for me.

• Members

Just Curious, are you a pro? I always wondered how I could spend more on guitars than a house. You must have a good reason or just be really well off (which would be reason enough for me.

i don't even play. i just like guitars. :)

Archived