Dale Crover

TimmyII

• Members

warpedig,

you saw them tuesday night in austin? i was at that show, too!

STELLAR show. first time i've seen them and i'm never missing them again!

i think the cymbal you're talking about (if facing him, the cymbal on the left over the gong bass drum) MIGHT be the Paiste trash-set (I think that's what it's called).. a cymbal w/ a smaller cymbal on top.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by downinthethird

I just got back from seeing the Melvins in New Orleans, Tallahassee, and Orlando. AWESOME SHOW. Anyone know what that cover they played for the first encore was?

Finally got pics with the band. Great guys.

"Youth Of America" by The Wipers. Melvins recorded that song for the Electroretard CD.

crushr24

• Members

Originally posted by trephine

seens as though you guys are big crover fans do any of you have a clue of how to play the intro drum fill to sweet willy rollbar on stoner witch.

or know any of crover fills?

He really knows how to work his toms and double bass pedal.

diguh duh diguh duh diguh duh diguh duh

:)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

hey i dont want to let it die either,

uhm....

i saw the video for hooch last nite..that has to be one of the coolest videos ive seen...really captures a creepiness to the melvins..

and to make it a little more relevant dale plays under water..

uhm..

what are the best cymbals to use when playing drums under water?

• Members

Originally posted by trephine

hey i dont want to let it die either,

uhm....

i saw the video for hooch last nite..that has to be one of the coolest videos ive seen...really captures a creepiness to the melvins..

and to make it a little more relevant dale plays under water..

uhm..

what are the best cymbals to use when playing drums under water?

I've yet to see that video... I have seen the video for queen though... Pretty interesting I might add.

Underwater? Cymbals...? Hmm... What are those new cymbals with all the big holes cut out in them...? Maybe those will work.

Less resistance and all... lol

• Members

I saw the Melvins once, and they're {censored}ing hilarious, after the show Dale just got up RAN down off the stage with drumsticks tucked in between his hips and the black speedo he was wearing...{censored}ing great show..

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

Originally posted by warpedpig

The new Melvins disc "Hostile Ambient Takeover" has great drumming. The first song starts out with a drum intro that is so heavy that you can feel the force of the blows through the speakers.

I'll second this... Trephine, Dale isn't the most "technical" drummer (I'm sure you know that) but I'd recommend the album "Bullhead"... It's a good album, and it showcases how f'ing weird he can get on a set. Listen to the song "Boris"... Keep in mind that Dale plays the drum part identically to the album live every time.

• Members

yea i know boris drums are crazy and seems like improv which would make it impressive live.

dale has some very technical stuff but i love the bit because of the power and the weird off beats (so it prob is technical, weird time sig?)

Archived