NEW LES PAUL CLASSIC PLUS

lgc252

• Members

HI AND GLAD TO BE A NEW LP OWNER.

Can anyone tell me anything about the guitar I bought at the Philadephia Guitar Show - yesterday. Les Paul Classic - plus. Reviews / your opinion.

Serial number ... 5 2837 (It does not say MADE IN USA on the back of the headstock.) YEAR - ?

Thanks - Larry

• Members

The Les Paul Classic Plus is indeed made in the USA (the "MADE IN USA" is slightly obscured on the back of the headstock underneath some of the finish on mine...but it is there). It's one of the newer models in the Les Paul range.

I bought mine back in december and it's one of the best purchases I ever made (coupled with my Rickenbacker). I always tried to bond with Les Pauls as I simply love them generally but never found one I personally gelled with until this one.

I absolutely love the baked maple fretboard and the pickups are perfect for what I want but of course that combination wont be for everyone. The tone is fat but has just a bit more presence than other Les Pauls I've tried which works brilliantly in my bands mix. Purists will say it's not a "real" les paul without a rosewood/ebony fingerboard, and they may have a point, but for it's own merits this guitar absolutely shines and holds it own.

Here's mine.

DSC_2882p.jpg
DSC_2885p.jpg

Archived