Compact Drum Set???

Saiyanech

• Members

Ok I need some opinions.

I bought a Tama Rockstar like 3 months ago and unfortunately it is in my sister's room because I'm pretty sure I could not squeeze it in my room because I don't have enough room.

I want to get another set, but it has to be able to fit in my room so I've narrowed it done to three sets: (I put the best prices I've found so far)

Pearl Rhythm Travel w/ Hardware & Pearl cymbals $370

Pacific Chameleon w/ Hardware $400 + Some B8 cymbals (180-200) so $600

Arbiter Flats w/Hardware & Cymbals $600

Pearl RT:

Pros- Cheapest price, Comes with Mesh Heads for silent practice

Cons- Only have 1 head. Cymbals included aren't exactly great. Only 1 color available

The Chameleon

Pros- 2 heads with mesh heads on the bottom for silent practice.

Cons- More expensive. Will have to buy cymbals. Don't know much about them.

Arbiter Flats:

Pros- They look pretty cool. I like they way they sound (there is a clip on their site) even though they are single headed.

Cons- No mesh heads. Somewhat pricey. Unknown cymbals.

Well those are some of the Pros and Cons that I can come up with off the top of my head. If you have anymore let me know. Also if you have played or own any of the sets could you tell me if they sounded good?? Any other recommendations?? Oh ya I'm not really looking for an electric kit and the Yamaha HIPGIG is out of my price range. Thank you for any opinions or advice.

• Members

Hey everyone...im new to the forum so if i mess up, forgive me. I think if you are going to keep your rockstars, go with the Pearl RT. those are ok drums...and it will minimise space. The way i look at it, but the cheapest set for practice cuz u got a good set for gigging. None of the 3 sets u mentioned would be suited for gigging, so just go with the pearl. :)

• Members

Actually I would suggest the Arbiter set... they sound incredible for something that has no real shell. A friend has a set. If you're looking for ultimate space economy, go with the Arbiters.

Wade

:eek:

PS - Where on earth did you find one for 600 dollars? Last I checked they were very expensive.

• Members

Originally posted by DarthWader

PS - Where on earth did you find one for 600 dollars? Last I checked they were very expensive.

OK, never mind. I did some research and found a place that sells them for that low. I may have to get a set if I can ever get some money.

Wade

• Members

Originally posted by tm3

anybody know how you would "silence" (actually "quiten" is probably more accurate) the arbiters?

they look pretty good compared to the others!

You could just buy your own mesh heads and replace the ones on the set for when you want real quiet stuff, or you could use those SoundOff thingies (or mouse pads if you want the same effect for less). My advice to you, however, is to buy one of the pro kits and some hardware, instead of the "Lite" one. Use your own cymbals, and I'd go with your own snare as well, just buy a 4-piece of the flat ones. But that's just what I'd do, dunno about your sitch.

Wade

Archived