Hey HCEG! Please help me choose which solos to play!

honeyiscool

• Members

So I've been working on a couple of new solos for the band and just recorded them moments ago. The old solos sit in the mix a lot better and the new ones are a lot louder and forward sounding, that can easily be altered, but I didn't want to spend too much time with levels just yet, besides, these are scratch demos.

Now that my fingers sorta work, I've been trying to sort of find my own style and voice lately and I think I want my solos to be more classical, not in a Yngwie kind of way, but still very much classical-influenced. Plus, this stuff is considerably harder than what I've been playing, and it'll make me practice harder.

So! I'd really appreciate if you could take a listen to a couple of before-and-after tracks here and let me know what you think!

http://soundcloud.com/mittensconfidential/sets/blah-blah-blah/s-QSjJ9

Thanks!

• Members

Great stuff! I really enjoyed that!

Girl Next Door-Old Solo, had a uniqueness to it but I liked the solo outro(@16-18sec) in the new one.

Steal You-New Solo, I felt it had a more feeling/energy and direction to it that the old one.

Thanks for letting us listen in and comment!

• Members

Thanks!

I think listening to "Steal You," I think I crammed in a little too much. I think I'll cut the E string wanking and come up with something melodic so it blends in better.

Yeah, I think the old "Girl Next Door" solo had a lot of character (first solo I ever wrote!) but I think the new one is more fun to listen to.

Archived