Old memories...Ovation Eclipse

JohnnyR

• Members

A bolt neck 335 style by Ovation in the early/mid 70s. Anyone have/had one?

The finish was a black "wrinkle" type like a car trunk and the guitar had a pair of Ovation pups that looked like hummers but I think were singles actually. I only had mine for a brief time (traded a 71 Fender Mustang for it in 73 and didn't keep it long)but I remember really liking it. It is one of the few guitars that I have ever owned that I can't remmber where it went when it left me. Who gots? I'd love to see one again.

http://los-angeles-guitar-shop.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Ovation12355002.jpg

J.R.

• Members

I don't have one, but I'm a fan of Ovation electrics. I saw one just like you described recently at a gear swap. I was tempted by it. Cool guitar for sure.

Yeah, it was a great guitar but it really wasn't me in 73. I wanted something different from the Fender as a backup for my main guitar...a 67 SG Custom (that I bought for $275Cdn.), hey, it was a long time ago right? It didn't fill the bill so I sold it and I'm still pulling a blank on the who/where/when/$ of it all. Nice slim neck,ebony board with smallish frets IIRC and an overall comfortable feel.

Now you have me pondering how an Eclipse would sound with a set of Filtertrons??? Damn you!!!:thu:

J.R.

Archived