Tama hi-hat stand

Chabo

• Members

Ok, I was thinking of getting one of the Iron Cobra stands, but I don't know which to get. The only two stands I've used are my {censored}ty TKO stand which came with the kit, and the Pearl stand which comes with the Export. So I have no basis of comparison.

What are the noticable differences between the Velo-glide and the Lever Glide? Do they play differently?

• Members

I have the lever glide too. It made my hi-hats feel and sound a lot better compared to an old Pearl stand. It's so smooth, if I set the bottom hi-hat flat (via that little screw underneath the felt), it can make the most quiet warmest chick when I press the pedal down. I haven't tried the velo one. But lever glide.. smooth smooth smooth like wally said. The only minor thing I can complain about it is that it doesn't have a toe stopper like the Iron Cobra bass pedals. So I have my left foot's big toe pressed right up against the kevlar strap when I play. No big deal at all though, couldn't do that with the Pearl or I'd get my toe pinched by the chain, but it had a toe stopper. blah blah

• Members

Well, I would hope it would be good for ~$140, but I was looking for a comparison. Has anyone at all used the Velo-glide? They're about the same price, so that's not really a deciding factor...

Hell, I'll probably just get the Lever-glide if nobody's used the velo, but if there is no difference in playing, then I'll just get the velo cause it's like $10 cheaper. Who knows what I could buy with that $10? :p

Archived