double bass pedal tension

zuul777

• Members

i dont use double bass pedals much at all, just a friend of mines sometimes.

heres the thing. i always use single pedal, and can go some really badass stuff with it, the way the tension is. my friend's double pedal is weird i think. the right pedal has way more tension than the left. is this normal? he plays with it fairly good, not really really good though. should the two pedals feel exactly the same?

just wondering

• Members

For most players, the pedals should not feel exactly the same. Only because the strength and "feel" of each foot is different, my left is not as "good" as my right foot. I therefore have my left pedal tension set to be less than my right foot tension. I also have a different angle set for my left pedal, than for my right pedal. Also, another variable to take into account is if the player is using a double bass pedal or two bass drums. Usually, double bass pedals require more tension to offset the "lag" that occurs when using the bar in between the two pedals. Damn, I hope I'm making so kind of sense to you, if not I'm sorry.

• Members

Originally posted by iae1234567

I think that it just depends on how you first sit down and start playing with them. I have mine set about exactly even right, but I don't have matching pedals for both bass drums yet. I think ideally you'd want to have both feet being equal.

Both the pedals tensions are here quite equally, but the left pedal has just a LITTLE (I say LITTLE!) less tension then de right one. Your should practice that much that your both feet are almost equal, when the tensions are very different the left foot will be weak for a much longer time...

Archived