I sold an amp to a 14-yr old kid yesterday.

honeyiscool

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Tone Deaf

View Post

Using that logic, wouldn't that mean he has better taste than you? Of all the amps you have, the AC15 is the one you get rid of??? Everyone has their own taste, but that's a real head scratcher for me. I feel bad for you that weight has to be that much of a factor for you.

I love gear as much as the next guy, but basically, I currently don't play in a band where I'd get to use the AC15C1 and I don't really see that in the near future, and it's a way too big for a bedroom amp (since the AC4C1 does it better at low levels), and it has at least some resale value, so it leaves the house. No use having a closet amp when I don't have as much closet space since moving. I'm not going to try to fit a square peg in a round hole because the square peg is super nice and John Lennon would like it. The weight is not the biggest thing for me (BC-60 is a similar weight). I do have silly sentimental attachments to gear but ultimately, at the rate that I play music, any gear that has some use in my life gets used. If I haven't had to pull something out of storage in months, it means it's not a good fit and I might have poor taste, I don't know. It doesn't bug me. I'm in it to write songs and have fun and sound good, not to be respected for my gear.

Archived