Fender Deluxe VM-initial review

Patuney

• Members

Four years now, hundreds of road shows, beer spills, fallen down stairs with it- the VM has stood up better than I have! Changed tubes just to get a different flavor, but both sounded good. I also bought a head version(bandmaster vm) as a backup, but have never needed it. All I will ever need in an amp, but of course, I have many others.smile.gifwave.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Patuney

View Post

Four years now, hundreds of road shows, beer spills, fallen down stairs with it- the VM has stood up better than I have! Changed tubes just to get a different flavor, but both sounded good. I also bought a head version(bandmaster vm) as a backup, but have never needed it. All I will ever need in an amp, but of course, I have many others.smile.gifwave.gif

Hey- since you mentioned it, what are your impressions of the Bandmaster head- actually considering picking one up at a local shop- I have hear a few horror stories of dysfunctional behavior due to the onboard effects.

• Members

Bandmaster head-exactly the same as Deluxe VM, just use your own speaker box. I've had zero problems with either in the digital effects, but even a tiny turn of their control knobs can drastically affect your sound. Mark your sweet spots!

Archived