Two pickups w/ Neck - Parallel - Bridge - Series option.

honeyiscool

• Members

That is my favorite way to configure a guitar. Each one of the four settings gets me something I want, and if I'm in one setting and I need more or less of something, I know exactly where to turn.

Neck gets you the smooth sounds and good warm, singing leads.
Parallel gives you great jangly tones and an almost acoustic sound. Great for open chords.
Bridge gives you a very penetrating sound. Great for bright rhythm and piercing lead sounds.
Series gives you a soaring, driving sound without being overly harsh or muddy. Great for power chords and any time you need to hit that amp hard.

A Tele with a 4-way switch = love.gif

• Members

I'd have to agree. You get everything you want from a tele setup plus that gnarly danelectro series sound. Good stuff thumb.gif

The parts-caster I'm working on right now has a 4-way Tele switch that I'm going to wire this way, but the pickups are P90s...the Series position is either going to be completely awesome or completely mud. We'll see smile.gif

• Members

i just do a 3 way on my tele's and add a push/pull to do inseries/outofphase at the same time, so I get neck, parrallel, bridge, and inseries/outofphase when the push/pull is pulled in the neck position. I like it for quacky lead tones. I find I rarely use inseries or outofphase by itself, but when I combine the two I really like it.

Archived