For those of you that wanted to jam but funk ain't yo thang...

Burgess

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by wagdog View Post
Tryin' man - trying to follow the changes. lol, will upload SOMETHING soon.
Remember they're just II V I's, right? So I just mostly played Fmaj, Dbmaj and Amaj. That intro (and the last 4 bars) is just the V chord in F so I just stayed home there but that doesn't mean you have to.

The jazz guys really know a lot of ways to play over II V I's but I'm basically a rocker so I usually take a straight forward basic approach. Hope that helps.

• Members
Not my strongest effort, but I got it done. A bit out of my comfort zone, however I've been working on my jazz riffs, changes, etc... - working, not anywhere close though...

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/58361772/wag251.mp3
Man, That was smokin'! Killer tone! Yeah, trying to follow the changes my ass, you had GPS on those changes! Nice!

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by genesis3 View Post
ha, here's mine....one take wonder, the cool thing about tunes with lotsa changes is, you'll likely land on a note that fits...eventually biggrin.gif.....

https://soundcloud.com/noizeystuff/mellowjam
Very nice! You had your guitar cryin'! Sweet tone too! And yeah, most will say you're only a half step away from a good note but hell, I try not to miss any of them.

• Members

Thanks Burgess, I appreciate that you gave it a listen. You're a great player man, I always check out your clips and tracks. That was a roadworn strat and blues jr amp. Fwiw, I do get into funk quite a bit but haven't had time to lay down a track in the funk/sticky jam. Will try this weekend.

Genesis: you had some good stuff in there that I liked. Wish you were a little louder in the mix though.

• Members
Not my strongest effort, but I got it done. A bit out of my comfort zone, however I've been working on my jazz riffs, changes, etc... - working, not anywhere close though...

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/58361772/wag251.mp3

superb!..sounds really authentic. Really like those fast flourishes and expert phrasing. kudos!

• Members
wow, starting around 2:00 that is some rippin'!...you need to next lay down a rock/metal thing, your lead style would kill over that...
He rips it up. I was like, wow, yeah wow.

superb!..sounds really authentic. Really like those fast flourishes and expert phrasing. kudos!
Thank you for listening.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by BydoEmpire View Post
Nice job! The first thing I thought was 'very Zappa-esque' in tone and delivery. Definitely rippin' around 3:00!

Cool backing track, I'll try to take a swing at it over the weekend.
Thanks and looking forward to hearing your tracks!

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by JamMasterG View Post
Well this track was a little out of my comfort zone.I'm a classic rock guy but I gave it a shot anyway.Played a les paul into a soldano sim.Nice track Burgess.

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=12063912

Gary
That was pretty nice! Made me think of Peter Frampton. You don't see that name around here much, he always was a damned good player.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Burgess

View Post

That was pretty nice! Made me think of Peter Frampton. You don't see that name around here much, he always was a damned good player.

Can def hear the frampton'esc runs in there. And no, you don't hear people mention Frampton much any more. Was a favorite of mine years (MANY) back.

Archived