Rose Pickups Belle set installed - clips

wagdog

• Members

Santa brought me a set of Rose Pickups "Belle" set, which, btw, are on sale right now for $90: http://www.rosepickups.com/apps/webs...s/show/3008351 - $90 for these is a steal. Ken at Rose Pickups has some great deals going there, the Mariposa and Hermosa set are only $50!

I put them in my recently acquired Roadworn 50's strat. I immediately bonded w/the guitar, the neck is fantastic, but the tex-mex pickups just seemed a little thin and anemic sounding.

Back to the Belle's... It's hard to describe these pickups. They are very "alive" and deep, like the guitar just seems to pickup every nuance. Turning the guitar volume down brings out a whole other vibe, still clear, clean, but again alive and deep.

Here's a clip, through a modded blues junior. At one point I kind of bounce back and forth w/an akai overdrive pedal. It starts out w/some open chords starting at the neck pickup and working towards the bridge.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/58361772/rose_belle.mp3

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by scott944

View Post

I saw that you picked those up in the "Santa" thread. I've got a set of Rose 50's Robustas waiting to be installed in my MIM Strat, once the other parts arrive. Your Belles sound very nice!

I bet they'll sound great. This is the second set of rose pickups I've used. Got some hermosas in a partscaster. I would highly suggest people pick these up at these prices - insane for a set of hand wound pickups that sound soooo good.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by scott944

View Post

I saw that you picked those up in the "Santa" thread. I've got a set of Rose 50's Robustas waiting to be installed in my MIM Strat, once the other parts arrive. Your Belles sound very nice!

I bet they'll sound great. This is the second set of rose pickups I've used. Got some hermosas in a partscaster. I would highly suggest people pick these up at these prices - insane for a set of hand wound pickups that sound soooo good.

Archived