Favorite cymbal/cymbals you currently own?

Jessz1

• Members
Did you ever get those saludas you were thinking about?

I got an Xotica Ride, a china, and a china splash. I never got any of the hats, though, because I knew the Mists were coming along, and wasn't sure which way I wanted to go.

I haven't fallen in love with the others yet, but my Tour Pros will be here tomorrow, and they may get a good workout then. :D

Mike

• Members

Yep, very excited that they're finally going to get here!

So, I take it, then, that you like the Mists better than the SS hats? I didn't think that was possible... ;)

Would you feel comfortable recommending those hats for a versatile setup that could run from pop to hard rock or metal? Or, are they too much for some of the quieter stuff?

Mike

• Members
Originally posted by shroud

Yep, very excited that they're finally going to get here!

So, I take it, then, that you like the Mists better than the SS hats? I didn't think that was possible...
;)

Would you feel comfortable recommending those hats for a versatile setup that could run from pop to hard rock or metal? Or, are they too much for some of the quieter stuff?

Mike

They are smoother and less ringy so I use them for darker rock/jazz, but the SS hats still take the cake for acoustic/punk

• Members

I've heard cymbals from every manufacturer that I like,I have everything from Zildjians to Wuhans to Sabians to Ufips,my personal favorites are Paiste,I have a 24" 2002 that I love & a couple of 20" & 22" dark signature series that I think are the best cymbals I've ever heard,my hi hats I have signature Paistes heavy.To me the Paiste line just has the best sound I'm looking for.

Archived