To modify a Brian Moore iguitar (electric/acoustic)

expertune

• Members

I bought a used i2.13 guitar. It's a great guitar and I like it. I used to have a Godin which was a great guitar too, but I do not like long scale and thick neck so I sold it.

Just one thing, it can not mix acoustic & electric together, and you have to use an Y cable to direct acoustic & electric signal to different amps.

I am using a Podxt Live & PA, so I do not need two signal chains. I have some ideas about modifying the guitar, just wondering if there's any Brian Moore iguitar owner has done these.

1. Use an ABY box to switch between acoustic or electric. This is not a modification, and the extra ABY is not very convenient.

2. Install a switch on the guitar so I can switch between acoustic or electric, and direct the signal to the normal guitar output jack. I mean the tip of the TRS. (The original jack configuration is tip-electric, ring-acoustic, sleeve-ground )

3. Install a pot to mix the acoustic & electric signal.

Anybody can help?

Thanks

270843.jpg

• 5 years later...
  • Members

I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR THE SAME THING

I bought a used i8.13 guitar and I like it. Just one thing, LIKE YOURS, it can not mix acoustic & electric together, and you have to use an Y cable to direct acoustic & electric signal to different amps. Were you able to make this work, and did you have to use an on-off-on switch?

Archived