Wuhan S-series

Newman

• Members

Hahaha, why would you say something so dumb? Just because a pack of cymbals costs $199 doesn't mean they sound like crap. There are packs of Saluda cymbals on Ebay for like $210 that include 2 crashes, ride, hi-hats, splash, and china and they sound awesome. So, to some people's ears, some of the cheaper cymbals sound good.

So, Newman, my advice is, go somewhere that you know carries Wuhan cymbals and play them, and buy them if you like them.

I played a couple crashes and rides and they sounded damn good.

• Members

Originally posted by woody431

Hahaha, why would you say something so dumb? Just because a pack of cymbals costs $199 doesn't mean they sound like crap. There are packs of Saluda cymbals on Ebay for like $210 that include 2 crashes, ride, hi-hats, splash, and china and they sound awesome. So, to some people's ears, some of the cheaper cymbals sound good.

So, Newman, my advice is, go somewhere that you know carries Wuhan cymbals and play them, and buy them if you like them.

I played a couple crashes and rides and they sounded damn good.

Thanks woody. They are not for me. My bass player just bought a set and asked me what was the best bang for your buck is on cymbals. I was looking at the B8 sabian 4 pack for 179 when I saw the wuhans for 199. I have two 12 inch wuhan splashes, and they sound totally different, so if my friend went to the musicstore and tried them out, he probably would get cymbals that sound totally different if he orders them through MF. It's a gamble, but for 199, maybe its worth it. Thanks for the intelligent answer and not just saying that it must be crappy for that price.

• Members

Actually, they sound pretty incredible for the price. The crashes are just awesome. They have a kind of dark/almost trashy sound.

The ride is kind of dry and pingy, and the hats are sloshy.

Very good for the price. Much better than the ZBTs or B8s, etc.

Mike

• Members

At $199, that's a good price. The Wuhans are a step up from the ZBT's or the B8's. The Wuhan cymbals do have some variance in sound, but that's because they are hand hammered. .... something I prefer to the stamped metal of most inexpensive cymbals.

Being Wuhan, they all have the same trashy overtones that the china cymbals have. I suspect the alloys are very similar, if not exact.

The ride is probably the best. It's a nice ping, heavy ride.

The crash is a little heavy for my taste, but I really like thin crashes. So you may like this better than I do.

The hats are a fairly dark sound, but still nice in their own way. All of them have a nice brilliant finish.

At MF, I think this would get free shipping. If you don't lkike them, return them and get all your money back....

Archived