How does Ebay refund?

wankdeplank

• Members

Recently got caught on a transaction that wasn't favorable.  Guitar not as described.  Seller has agreed to refund my money upon the successful return of the guitar.  My question is this:  Will the money be credited back to my credit card through paypal or some other method?  Thx in advance.

• Members

Make sure, I repeat, MAKE SURE you have signature confirmation on delivery.  Otherwise they can say they never got it and you will be out the guitar and the money.  Had a guy do it to me with a laptop.  I had to hound paypal daily until they finally called him and got him to admit he received it back. Once he did, I immediately got the money back.  They told me I would have gotten it back right away had I had signature confirmation.   Delivery confirmation itself (which I had) is not good enough.  You have to have the signature.  You will get your refund via whatever method you used to pay.

• Members

The method of payment you used to make the payment will make the refund.  If you paid with PayPal (which you most likely did), you'll get your refund through PayPal.  If you paid with a credit card through PayPal, PayPal with refund the money to the same card.

• Members

Thanks for your kind responses fellas.  Got the guitar back to them last Thursday and Paypal just informed me of a full refund.  Just never sent anything back before and wasn't sure how that worked.  Fortunately the item was purchased through a company (Family Loan Center) that has a good track record on Ebay and they were easy to work with.

Archived