New Crash cymbal!! mp3 in here

Yokozuna

• Members

I walked to the musicshop and what did I see? "SANTACLOUS DISCOUNT" so I went inside and a lot of cymbals were offered with 25% discount (!!).

I tried around 10 cymbals and this one came out the best for me. Now you drummerexpert guys can guess what type of cymbal I bought yesterday ;) Here's the mp3:

http://onlinerock.com/musicians/yokozuna//crash.mp3 It's the second crash hit, the other 2 are splashes.

• Members

All wrong :)

I would guess a Zildjian A Custom too.

Sabian HHX Thin Crash sounds darker than this one. Same for B8 and B8 Pro's.

It's just a Paiste Alpha 16" standard crash! (130 euro's) I found them better sounding than Sabian AAX 16+17" crashes (medium, studio stage etc.). More highs, cripsy sound, long sustain. I liked the Zildjian A custom's too but they were far more expensive.

• Members

It's just a Paiste Alpha 16" standard crash! (130 euro's) I found them better sounding than Sabian AAX 16+17" crashes (180 euro, medium, studio, stage etc.). More highs, cripsy sound, long sustain. Indeed it's has a quite high pitch for it's size. That's why I'm saving money for a 18" Alpha too.

I really like the sound, clear, high pitch, crispy.

• Members

It's just a Paiste Alpha 16" standard crash! (130 euro's) I found them better sounding than Sabian AAX 16+17" crashes (180 euro, medium, studio, stage etc.) even though it's a B8 cymbal. More highs, cripsy sound, long sustain. Indeed it's has a quite high pitch for it's size. That's why I'm saving money for a 18" Alpha too.

I really like the sound, clear, high pitch, crispy. They look cool too :) And DAMN it's creates a huge amount of decibells for a 16" crash.

• Members

Originally posted by iplayloudly

hmmm, i have a paiste alpha 16" crash and a 18", and they dont sound like that. That recording sounds a lot brighter than my alphas. i do like mine though. the 18" sounds great.

I equalized the sound.

I'm buying a new alpha crash in some weeks, you say the 18" is great. So I'll try it at first :)

Archived