Mailing list??

• Members

Hi,

Do you use a mailing list? I have found several services on the net but none let you enter email manually (because of spam).

Main problem is people who sign up for it receives an email but most of the time the email goes into their junk mail folder. So they never subscribe.

Do you guys have a solution for this?

• Members

I think, I am not a web programmer just a person who like to learn things and marketng on the net through a website was one of them. I also leared alittle about html an forms previous to this.

You need:

1. An email program that can filter you emails by subject line and bulk email. This will send one email to each rather than CC all of them, which is a no no. Or a seperate address to handle the mailing list rather than a subject line seprater. Most websites will let you make a whole bunch of email accounts if not only several. So make one with a "subscriptions@yoursite.com" and maybe that will be the best? If you can't then you need a subject one

2. Make a submit email form on your site to send and email to the account or with the subject line "Subscriptions For *your news*" and then filter it. You will need to learn the software. I can't help you on specifics sorry.

3. An email provider that wont complain if you are sending out thousands of emails. ut if it is only a couple of hundred a week they may not care. Otherwise they could cncel your accuount. If it is a website then you are now using your bandwidth up. So a 10K email X 1000 subscribers = 10MB each week. Not to bad really.

Here is a program, if you type "bulk mail" into Download.com and/or softpedia you can find spyware free software. Do and advanced search and select "free" or "freeware" and you will get only the free ones, not the demo. There are a few, I checked. The only way I can think yo will figure it out is to ask on an internet marketing forum?

The free programs I saw are either small personal group projects programmers start so they can make themselves free software and learn or light, classic or whatever editions. Kind of out of date, but work and get the job done. I have an old art program that is cool, I use lots of free software and it isn't all that bad.

Sorry I can't help with the coding and which programs works. I don't know enough about bulk mailers, but an email from your site will most likely work best.

http://www.google.com/mail/help/bulk_mail.html -bulk mail sending rules to avoid the bulk mail folder for your opt in mailing list.

Archived