musicians and substance use

unicorn princess

• Members

anyone ever wonder if certain musicians use drugs and substances? i always wonder if everyone in the band uses drugs just because they sing about it. like carter from dmb, he kicks so much ass at drums that i wonder if he stays clear headed when he plays or if he packs a line or or takes just a few hits before the show. just because dave is singing about that stuff sometimes and he may be high when he plays, doesn't mean the rest of the band is, buuuuut mabey some of the other guys are, or all of them are "trippin billies" when they play. i just think its harder to play drums and do some of that really articulate stuff when you're so relaxed and mellowed out. thats just me though. any thought on this from anyone else?

• Members

It's a pretty common thing - musicians and drug use. Just turn on VH1 Behind the Music.

Hopefully people would learn the lesson that people screw up their lives and sometimes die because of it. Unfortunately not everyone learns that lesson except for the hard way.

I'm nobody's mother and I'm not going to preach to anyone about using drugs. Some of it is quite harmless, surely less harmful then even the legal drug of alcohol. Of course a lot of it is highly dangerous and very harmful.

Anyway, as it pertains to music and performing on drugs, I will unequivocally say it will detract from your performance. If you're more interested in getting high then performing good than shoot up, smoke, snort, drink, whatever. If however, you're more interested in performing as good as you can perform than stay straight for the performance.

Anything you can do or think you can do while on drugs you can do and do much better straight.

• Members

the reason people do it is because when your in the industry its vary readly avilable to you. Its always around and deallers think you have the money...and most of the time you do. Pluse on all tours the bands, crew and anyone involved are made to sign a waiver saying anything that happens on the road stays there...so some rodies can have tons of weed on there buss and can get away with it, and the same thing with guys screwing around on there wives and girl friends....because they can get away with it....and if you do it often enough you become addicted.

Archived