Remo practice pad too loud

guitar420

• Members

i just bought a remo practice pad and its quite loud for just sitting on the couch watching tv. i bought it so i could practice with my hands all day but the volume is quite annoying, it gives this bad sound too especially when you hit it hard, you get this sound like hitting hard plastic or wood. are there any quieter practice pads??????????

• Members

Originally posted by guitar420

i just bought a remo practice pad and its quite loud for just sitting on the couch watching tv. i bought it so i could practice with my hands all day but the volume is quite annoying, it gives this bad sound too especially when you hit it hard, you get this sound like hitting hard plastic or wood. are there any quieter practice pads??????????

I know i hate it too, i always put some clothes over it but still when i hit hard for a long period i get annoyed by the sound

• Members

Same problem over here... I'm a student so during the week I'm on rooms in the city. The walls let through a lot of sound from the other rooms so I decided to buy a practice pad so I could do some quiet practicing without disturbing the people in the rooms next to mine. But I found out that a practice pad indeed isn't too quiet at all... so I never use it :( God I love electronic drums ;)

• Members

Originally posted by Mopzilla

Get a realfeel pad. they are made of gum rubber. very quiet, and they come in different sizes. One company makes reelfeel style pad but it it about 6" in diameter and velcros on to your leg, for sitting!

sounds good, so what brand? promark makes a gum-rubber one, is that good?

• Members

Originally posted by Mopzilla

Get a realfeel pad. they are made of gum rubber. very quiet, and they come in different sizes. One company makes reelfeel style pad but it it about 6" in diameter and velcros on to your leg, for sitting!

i'm with MOP. i use the smallest one they had, and its great for sticking (hehe... no pun... ;)) in my bag for those long trips on the road.

btw, anyone else notice, it says there are NO views on this post? :confused:

• Members

hey i just checked in the catalog and the manufacturer of the realfeel pads is HQ. That's the same company that makes those silencer pads for drums and a bunch of pad and muffling accessories. the strap on pad is called a "practa-pal" it goes for 30 dollars from interstate music. the realfeel pads have many combinations, check em out!

i have never played on a promark one. i can tell you that you can't go wrong with the real feel pads! but i bet they are really the same stuff. who knows.

joker - if you go to open jam you will see that most and probably all of the new topics have 0 views. looks like they have disabled view count on new threads and only the old threads that have been viewed have actual views. there were some topics about it, and i come to the conclusion that it just makes HC a bit faster. :)

• Members

=The Good thing about the Remo pad is that is had a more accurate feel of a real snare head. You can adjust the tension if you really want. You can mount it on a cymbal stand too. Just screw it on.

=The bad thing is the noise.

reverse this for the real feel pads. The RF pads are too bouncy, but they do get the job done.

I have one of each and like both. ;)

Archived