Anybody use or know anything about Saluda Cymbals?

guitarra

• Members

Sup Guys. Does anyone here have any experience with Saluda Cymbals? I've seen different reviews and things about them. Mostly Good. I know that their older cymbals weren't good quality, but they have improved it drastically (So I've read).

I saw a set of Saludas online for only 200.00. You got high hats, two crashes, a ride, a splash, and a china. That's more than the big companies give you.

• Members

i bought a set of the saluda's rock cymbals on ebay

they are the new ss3 alloy and i find the crashes are way to heavy sounding no brighness & when i i say heavy i dont mean deep like a zildjian k i mean more like hitting a shovel

the 20" ride is pretty good

i like the 18 crash as a ride (terrible as a crash)

the 16 crash is also terrible sounding to much metalic sound

no shimmering sound , cannot reccomend the crashes ,nothing like any crash i have ever heard

the 10" splash is ok

the 2 14" hihats aint bad at all pretty musical when played open ,good chick

dont get me wrong most of the set is ok but the crashes do not cut it

• Members

I bought a 18" Power crash and I hate it. Now dont get me wrong, this cymbal is great for the price. It does not sound like, but it is in the same crappiness as the Sabian B8 Pro's (which are 2X the price). I got the Saluda off ebay and when it came I noticed a few small dents where it looks like whatever was cuting the cymbal just pushed too hard and made a little dent. Also, I like to ride on my crashes but when I tried on this one it was not a nice "ping" or even a "tssss" it was a wash of overtones that just sounded bad, it was very very dull. So, if this is your frist set of cymbals go for it. If I were you I would just by a good crash and a good ride/hi hat. But then you would have to add more later. Hope this has been helpful. Ask help if you would like to know anything else.

• Members

I bought a 12" Saluda splash off Ebay, I think when they were starting out. It was cheap, and it looked good on the site. When I got it, I new I was in trouble because the thing just looked real cheap. Like the cymbals that come on those little mini toy kits. Anyways, it sounded like ass. No tone, just a {censored}ty "cack" with no sustain. Crappy cymbals and a waste of money and time.

Archived