Drum Monitors ...

deeperquest

• Members

Originally posted by deeperquest

My church is redoing the stage setup and we need to add a monitor for the drummer .... initial costs have been quoted at around $600CAN. That seems high to me ....

Does anyone have any experience or ideas for a more cost effective solution

:cool:

will this be for electronic drums, or just a drum vocals/instruments monitor mix(minus the drums)?

if he only needs vocals,,,, a small compact 10"/1" would do.. if you want more in it,,, dual 12"'s or 15" speakers work better,,,,

Yorkville made a passive 2x10/1" the Elite M600 monitor that would have made a great compact monitor... it handles about 600 watts, and had a maximum SPL of around 129db........ i saw a single one of those go on E-Bay for $250..... but,, you hardly ever see them for sale...they list for about $900.....

the pro quality stuff is VERY expensive....and usually can be bi-amped

• Members

If you get a set of Extreme Isolation Headphones model EX-29 at www.extremeheadphones.com your monitor problem is taken care of for $139.00 free shipping to anywhere. The website has a link to a review by Dan Richards of Digital Pro Sound. These are designed by a studio drummer for stage and studio uses.

Also search Extreme Isolation Headphones in all forums and find out about information.

• Members

Originally posted by Scheming Demon

That's very high. I just priced wedge type floor monitors at Sam Ash Music Stores. The price range is between $120-$200US. These were Peavey Speakers rated at 200 watts.

There are, of course much more expensive monitors but the $200 ones will do the job nicely.

it really depends greatly on their specific needs.... and the criteria unde which they will be operated... sometimes,,if ya buy cheap,, you get cheap,, and it doesn't do the intended job...

that's why I asked the guy for more details about their needs...it DOES make a difference....

even Peavey makes the DTH pro monitors,, which cost about $1200 each.... go figure? I wonder if they're really any better than the $200 Peavey's? :eek:

:D

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

These will work well.

They cut just enough of the sound from the drums for stage use.

They are not like any isolation you have ever used. You can still feel the sound pressure of the kit and hear the mix perfectly.

See Ya,

Archived