Zildjian Z Custom Hi-Hats

Nick

• Members

I'm thinking about getting some...what do you guys think about them? I don't like any other Zildjian Z stuff because the cymbals are so loud they almost lose their musicality...but I think the hi-hats are nice. Any thoughts?

• Members

I own 14 inch z custom hats, and I absolutely Love em, but then again i play in a metal band. The plain z customs still have some subtle musicality to them, the dynobeats, forget it, they are strictly for metal, zildjian just introduced z custom mastersound hats, not sure what they sound like?

• Members

I LOVE Z's...I have a pair of Dyno Beat hats, and I admit, unless you know how to play on them, there isn't much you can do, but once you get used to them they are wonderful....I dont know about the Z Mastersounds they just came out with, But the normal Z Custom hats are deffinatly my pic for what I would get next. I say go for it...they are more versitile then the Dyno Beats, and they have everything HiHats should need.

• Members

I love a lot of Zildjain crashes, I just pick ones that sound best to me regardless of Z, A, Custom, K, wuteva.

Though for hats, I fell in love with Sabian. My drummer and I A/B'd the four different AAX versions - Fast, Studio, Fusion, and something else LOL! Ended up with the Fast Hats. To me the Zildjain hats are all very distinct sounding so you either hate one or love one. For example, some of the K hats I like, other ones are just too "unique/odd" sounding for my tastes. The Sabian's seemed more even and natural sounding for my tastes.

• Members

Originally posted by frankenfangs

zildjian just introduced z custom mastersound hats, not sure what they sound like?

Yeah, sorry about that...I was talking about the Z Custom Mastersound hi-hats. I haven't played on any of the other Z Custom hats. I think i'm definitely going to get them...but then again I haven't even played on the A Customs. I like really loud hats anyways...and by the sounds of it, any other Z Custom hats might be too loud, but I don't think that's the case with the Mastersound ones. And about the left foot - I always have a pretty busy left foot so they should be a lot of fun to play.

Archived