whats your favorite cymbal

• Members

Probably my stack made of a splash and an old bent-up hi-hat. It sounds kinda cool, just I wish I could mic it up.

Other than that I like my Zildjian A 16" Med Crash the best. Boring, I know, but I want to sell my ride and my crash/ride, and this is the most versatile cymbal I own, other than the splash, but that's mounted on the stack already, which doesn't have all that much application.

• Members

My current favorite cymbal in my kit is my 20-inch Sabian HHX Power Ride. A great bell, a nice dry sound when played on the bow, definately a cymbal you can get a lot of different sounds out of. A versatile cymbal indeed!

• Members

of all the cymbals I have right now,, the 15" Zildjian/Cie is probably my favorite.... it just has that "vintage" mojo.... a nice, quick, smooth, shimmery crash sound....

I think the 14" Zildjian/Cie is a close second,,it's got that 20's/30's trashy splashy sound that you hear on early recordings,,, kind of reminds me of the circus for some reason....:eek:

:D

• Members

Although I don't own this cymbals (but want one REALLY soon!!!) Istanbul Alchemy Series 16" China Cymbals. Just something about it. Got warm overtones with some really trashy sounds too... Listen to MuDvAyNe and you'll know what I mean. =D

• Members

that's a tough one for me, but i did just get a 14" sabian aa sound control crash and i truly ove the sound of this cymbal.. i'm not really a big fan of smaller crashes, but this ones size can be decieving,because it really has a crisp sound to it for its size,also i like the sound of my sabian aa hihats,my aax 8" splash,my 12" aax metal splash

just a few of my favorites..

sam(otacon28)

Archived