Superlux drum mics?

guitarra

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Hey there!

All the construction seems to be well in order.

I ordered some yesterday actually. not the pro mics though. I got the DRK-A3C2 kit. I'll let ya know how they pan out when I get a mixer and start recording.

Everything I've heard is that they are awesome for the price and the hi end Avlex and Superlux mics are really gonna give shure a run.

Did ya check out their tiny PRA-288A snare mic? it's like 3 inches long. I saw it yesterday, solid construction and nice price too. I'm going to buy one of those if the mics I have ordered work out. And the price of that little beauty is under 50 bux canadian plus tax.

cheers and happy hunting.

• Members

Those are poo-poo

I have had used them before and they just sound like ass (and the mics are really cheaply built as well)

The best place to start with drum mics are some decent overheads. The Marshall MXL603's are one of the best for the money and are around $75 ea.

For a kick mic I like a Audio Technica ATM25 around $130

With those three mics you can get a decent drum sound. It will blow away the Superlux stuff.

Another option for the kick & snare are a couple of Behringer ECM8000 mics - around $25 ea I think, and they don't sound bad at all. They are full range test mics so you can try them on anything.

Archived