Album media info

• Members

You know how when you play cd's in media players on the computer, most will have the album cover and track titles appear? as opposed to the unknown artist - track 1, track 2, ect...

How do I do that with my album? Do I have to mail a copy of the cd somewhere?

• Members

I am referring to a cd that is already pressed. I know there is some kind of company or website that scans the cd or something so all the neccessary info appears in everyones media player (ones connected to the internet) when the cd is being played. I just dont know what company does this.

• Members

The technology to embed track info and the like is fairly new compared to CD's themselves. Media Player relies on several different methods to determine exactly "What" CD you just inserted.

Older CD's are recognized by the total length, number of tracks and length of each track... A database of what albums share what traits is digitally cross checked and by virtue of those three key items, MP knows which one you are playing. The chances of any two CD's having all three of those catagories match is pretty low.

Since your CD has no digital info embedded on it for MP to recognize, and no-one has (as yet) updated the MP database, you need to do it yourself.

It's easy...

Just insert the CD and tell MP to find the album info... after it tries and fails, it will give you the option of inputting the info yourself and then sending them that info so that they can update their system.

Good luck and have fun!

OGG

Archived