Hardware brand compatibility

frayd_static

• Members

I'm looking to get a tom holder stand and am wondering what you folks prefer. This is going to be a Starcast mount .

Are any of the brands interchangable?

I've heard that the balls on the Tama and DW will work with either arm... but the DW arm is larger and will not work on the actual Starcast mount. Is this true??

Also, I'm looking for advice on stands in general. I hit pretty hard and don't want things flopping around. Anyone use the Tama stilt stands? Particularly for mounting a tom and/or with a combination cymbal mount?

• Members

True. The DW stands have a larger diameter on the L-rods. I beleive premeir uses the ball-joint l-rod style mount, and it's the same as Tama's.

As far as sturdy hardware goes, just about everything these days is built around stability. Especially the double braced stuff. If you're looking to save a few bucks, check out the pacific stuff.

I am sure it's true that the ball joints are the same. I have seen a few and they looked pretty similar. I use the top end DW stands, and they have never let me down. Mounting 2 toms, 2 18" crashes and my remote hi-hats off one stand was no problem at all.

Archived