Ahhhhhh!

portnoyfan15

• Members

My band, Ninth Degree, just got a show opening up for King's X and Fishbone!!! We'll be playing with them on Sunday, October 12th at 8pm at Don's Hill in NYC. I'm so excited right now!! Tickets are $25, contact me if you would like some, we have 75 to sell!

• Members

Originally posted by portnoyfan15

My band, Ninth Degree, just got a show opening up for King's X and Fishbone!!! We'll be playing with them on Sunday, October 12th at 8pm at Don's Hill in NYC. I'm so excited right now!! Tickets are $25, contact me if you would like some, we have 75 to sell!

Congrats - Fishbone kicks much ass.

Not to take away from your post -

My girlfriends band is opening for "Powder" this weekend in LA for you left coasters - the "Beu Sisters" are also on the bill. www.powdermusic.com or www.tillyseverywhere.net if interested - or PM me and i will get you hooked up with a ticket. if you have never seen powder - its a show!

• Members

Fishbone?!? Man, I can't believe those guys are still around. I was in a punk band back in 1987 or 88 and we opened for them. (using all my fingers and toes, I calculate that I've been sitting on the following story for about 15 or 16 years :rolleyes: ) Hope your experience is better than ours was....they showed up late to soundcheck in their big swanky tour bus and ended up delaying the whole show from starting on time. For a while it looked like they were going to have to cut out the opening acts altogether because the Fishbone guys were taking so long to get their @#$% together. I still have vivid memories of their lead guitarist standing on stage, strumming a chord and saying "it don't sound right" into the mic for about half an hour....all the while never bothering to attempt to make any adjustments to his amp or effects. Gee, thanks for the detailed information, pal! I'm sure the soundguy can use your vivid description to make the right fix.

Lots of attitude back then...hopefully they've grown up a little. Us opening acts DID feel better later in the evening when both bands lined up to empty our bladders on their shiny bus.

The good news is, those guys put on a helluva show and usually pack the house. Have a great time. I'd love to hear about how those guys are to work with today. Let us know how the show goes!

• Members

It's funny you should mention this - I just broke out Fishbone's Truth and Soul the other day. It's been hiding in my CDs for over a decade. Ah ... the memories.

I'd actually be psyched to open for Jerry Gaskil of King's X. I've seen him a bunch of times. He's an inventive, solid drummer - especially in his slower grooves. Plus, he gets great live sounds.

Enjoy yourself. Get some pics to share with us.

Archived