Splash Placement

Brian the Drummer

• Members

I played bass in a band a while back, my drummer couldn't afford a stand so he put his ontop of his crash(minus any hardware to achieve this) it worked for a while until it flew off the stand. I have like a half stand for my splash, like and extra boom arm off of one of my crash stands, I place it next to the hi hat and under the crash, works good for me, I am curious where I will place the next splash I get, I love em cuz they are cheap!

• Members

I've got two, mounted directly over my rack toms, using multi-clamps and cymbal arms. Before I got the second one, I had it mounted sort of between my hi-hats and first rack tom, below my crash on that side. I like having it in easy reach from the hi-hats so that I can do quick accents with it.

My advice: experiment. Think of the songs where you plan on using it, and then figure out where you're going to be playing. For example, if you know that you're going to be using it on several songs where you're keeping time on your ride cymbal, maybe you want to mount it near the ride. I find that I use mine most often on songs where I'm busy on the hi-hats and snare, so I keep it on that side of the kit.

Cool thing about splashes....they're small so they can fit almost anywhere. I've even seen guys mount them on top of their hi-hat posts.

Archived