preparing artwork to template help

• Members

I am in the process of preparing the artwork to template to have my band's album printed. But I am very confused by these artwork templates. If I open the pdf file in a web browser, it is one size, if I open the same pdf file in photoshop, the template is a completely different size. They ask for the artwork to be 300 dpi. If I set the artwork to one of the template sizes that might be correct, then change the photo to 300 dpi, the size completely changes. I have figured out ways to come up with like 5 different sizes that might be correct. I have no clue what I am doing. I was hoping someone here who knows about this stuff could help me prepare all of this correctly. Even sending me a jpg of the correct size all of these should be would work. thanks.

Here are the template links.

4-panel & Traycard

Replication

• Members

I can't open those files right now, but generally the dimensions of a CD for the printable area is 117 mm outer and then anything from 18 to 38 mm for the centre hole.

For booklets (2 panel inlay) it's 240mm wide x 120 mm high. The DPI should be 300 in order to be good enough quality.

Archived