New kit, im in love..

Invertalon

• Members

I was using an extremely bad kit, so bad I wont mention the name.. yesterday I went out to GC and picked up a Misty Chrome 2003 Tama Rockstar Shell kit... W0W.

The sound is amazing.. The bass POWWNDS.. Im in love..

Yea, im still doing some tuning, but yea, it sucks. But I totally dig the starcast mounts, they are amazing, and the hardware is top-quality.

I just wanted to say im extremely happy with Tama, and I was underestimating there sound :)

Question: Im using smooth white emperor batters, and ambassador resos.. I like a nice resonant sound, but a nice bright attack.. I was thinking to pick up some Coated ambassadors, but I heard Aqurian has a more durable coating? any suggestions?

• Members

Originally posted by Invertalon

I like a nice resonant sound, but a nice bright attack..

Stick with the heads you have, as they should work perfectly for what you're after.

Try tuning them this way:

Reso noticably tighter than the batter.

The theory behind this is that the batter controls your attack and overall tone, while the resonant head controls your sustain and stick response. The closer you tune the batter and resonant to each other, the more sustain you'll get from the drum.

I've been tuning this way for a few years, and I've gotten great results even with factory heads, depite of the "quality" of the kit I was using at the time.

Archived