what do you drummers think is the better route for me?

FearMeWithMyLP

• Members

I am purchasing a drumset soon, and been thinking long and hard between what I want.

I was thinking of getting the Pacific Chameleon since I want to be able to play silently during the morning (when my roomates are asleep) but I wanted a decent setup for in the future that I can at the most play small hall shows with without having to buy another set. I'm not saying that the Chameleon can't do it (so I've heard) but I hear that that particular set is really small.

So my question is would it be better to buy something like a

1)Tama Swingstar w/ those Pearl cymbol rubber pads and Sabian Quiet Tone Tom heads

or

2)Pacific Chameleon?

Thanks! I'm trying to stay in this price range so please no other pricier recommendations.

:cool:

• Members

Ebay is a good idea...however, you'll find that shipping charges are higher on ebay. So you can find a nice set for a hundred or so less, but sometimes shipping can cost you up to $75 or $100...whereas MusiciansFriend will charge you $15 or $20.

Ernie

• Members

Here's a variant of option #1 for you:

Find a used kit that's in good condition, and equip it with either mesh heads or Sound Off's to muffle them. That way you've got a full sized kit you can use for both, and won't unneccessarily annoy your roommates.

And you can potentially find a better quality kit than the Swingstar for the same $

Archived